Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My wife; Sallyanne


The other night I had the absolute pleasure of watching my wife get honored by her colleagues.  My wife decided to retire this year after more than 35 years of teaching.  She spent nearly her entire teaching career at Henry C. Dwight School in Hartford, CT. At Dwight, she made many fantastic friends.  The colleague she knew the longest, who started with her and was a graduate of Dwight herself, Toni, retired and was also honored at this party.  If I were to describe Sallyanne that night in one word it would be magical. She was beaming with happiness. She also looked pretty hot. She treated herself to a new dress, which looked fantastic.  A leisurely trip to the salon gave her a beautiful cut and color, and a pedi as well.  A bit of makeup and honestly, she was the best looking woman there.  But I’m biased. 

She was re-united with her sisters. Through the years, I’ve come to know these people. Sallyanne would tell me stories and relate anecdotes about her day.  The highs and lows, the exciting and mundane, all told to me in exquisite detail.  Sallyanne thought of these people as family.  She even said that she was re-united with her family. 

Everyone had such wonderful things and stories to tell about Sallyanne.  She simply sparkled with delight.  She laughed and cried and all who spoke echoed the same words about Sallyanne.  Dedicated, hard working, selfless and organized.  A natural teacher and a beautiful human.  It is clear that the teaching profession has lost a valuable asset.  I am honored that she is my wife. 








1 comment: